Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Engaged......finally!

I LOVE this card!  Can I say that about a card I made myself? :)

It's for my dear friend Lindsay and Tyler who recently got engaged.  Well "recently" as in last summer and I've finally made their card!  I stressed about it.  It had to be perfect.  Not just any card would do.

I used Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC106), borrowed Karen's MFT A la mode Cheers stamp and it all came together beautifully.  I used some Basic Grey patterned paper, copics, the gorgeous lacey circle nestie, some little pearls and some stickles for her sparkly dress.

It's fun when you have a stamping friend who has lots of lovely things so I borrowed from Karen again and used her fab MFT Rosette & Rolled Rose dies for that gorgeous felt flower. 

I gave it to Lindsay and she freaked....in a good way!  I hear she's even getting a shadow box to put it in so no sticky fingers touch it. :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

11 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This card is SUPER GORGEOUS!!!!!! Even MORE delightful in person too!!! And yes, you can definitely say that you love your own card!!!!!!

Krista said...

Cute card ! Love the sparkle !

The Only Girl said...

Beautiful! Hope I get one that nice when I get engaged . . .

Dana White said...

This is STUNNING you did a fantastic job on all the sewing my friend

Regina Mangum said...

What an absolutely darling card! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet message. You are so talented and creative! Love all of your creations! XOXO

Helen said...

Of course you can say that about your own creation! Beautiful card, love the little pearl details.

Oh and by the way, why are you getting more comments than I am now? I've been at this blogging large three years!

Classy Stampin' said...

Leslie, your cards are amazing!! Keep up the good work.

Kelly (Helen's downline)

PS Perhaps you have more friends than Helen!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Hi Leslie, You did a fantastic job on this card. No doubt your friend is loving it!!!

Crafty Cath said...

WOW - this was definately worth waiting for. It's stunning! Great layout, bling and flower adornment. So glad to see that you've finally taken the blog plunge. Can't wait to see more of your creations.

paula tracy williamson said...

I love those a la modes and this card is a stunning example!! That rosette and flower are perfect accents and the layout is yummy too. Mwah from Michigan!

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!! How did I miss this one, OMG beautiful!