Friday, April 29, 2011

Bellariffic Friday - Mother's Day

My card seems fitting in two ways today......we're celebrating the big British wedding of William and Kate (did you watch?!) and we're celebrating Mother's Day in a week!  My Mum is British, all my lovely relatives live there and I'm all about the Brits and the whole "tea and scones with clotted cream and jam thing"!  
Tabitha Teacup was perfect for my Mum's card as she loves her tea!  I stamped the image and used both copics and pencil crayons with OMS to colour it.  I paper pieced the bow in her hair and added a rhinestone.  I love using TE Key Ingredients kits as the paper and the ribbon and the bling is all there - makes it so easy.

So, an early Happy Mother's Day to my Mum and all the other Mums out there! 

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Yes, my Daugher and Mom are in town and woke me up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding. It was fun having three generations together to share the event. Thanks for sharing a little tidbit about the life of Leslie, I didn't know your family was british. I'm sure your Mum will love your fitting and colorful creation.

Ebru Vatansever said...

I missed watching the Royal wedding, however did catch up with the videos on youtube :o)
I am not British but I must say I too am all about Scones and Tea, yummmmy !!!
Gorgeous card BTW Leslie, the colors are so vibrant and refreshing.

Dana White said...

oh my friend she is so sweet - you know I didn't get to watch the wedding, but I did see all the highlights!
The bon bon in her bow is perfect ;)

Helen said...

I panicked for a minute - saw "Mum" and "card" and thought "ack, birthday?" Of course, I miss it every year anyway due to its inconvenient timing. Cute card - lovely bright colours! And yes, you'd be proud of me - I watched the wedding!