Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Merry Kissmas

I know I'm not supposed to go on about a card I made but...I LOVE this card!  I made it for Karen and Dana this Christmas and I was so excited for them to get it.  The main reason was the previous Christmas I was equally excited about my card for them - so much so, that I mailed it off to them unfinished.  Yes, you read that correctly.....unfinished!  I forgot to colour the PI girl and I forgot the glitter - d'oh!  I was so excited that I'd paper pieced (for the first time) that I got all the layers and the ribbon glued on and mailed it off.  Anyhoo, back to this year's card which I checked and double checked and triple checked that everything was done before I sealed the envelope.
I used MFT Merry Kissmas PI girl, paper pieced her coat and hat and used a ghost snowflake with a SU felt snowflake on top.  Some TE tiny twinkles on the snowman, some glitter on her pompoms, some chunky glitter along the snowbank and she was ready to go.  I have to smile when I look at this card because I think I only owned 5 copics and was still learning how to shade.  Well, I'm still learning.

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! OMG, everyone I am sure has done that but sending it to those two awesome stampers, that is funny!! And there isn't anything wrong with lovin' your cards, I comment on it when I love mine, makes you an honest stamper! And besides, I love it too! Xmas cards though...argh! I am not sure if I will ever make another with our horrid long winter!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Leslie! The colors, the papers, your coloring, and that ghost snowflake all add up to pure sweetness!

Karen Motz said...

I would LOVE to say that I LOVE my Christmas card from this past Christmas, although it wasn't quite as interactive as the previous one, which I got to finish once it arrived!! LOL!!!

Dana White said...

You know I love this card because it's on the wall of fame (as you've seen!) And I remember how excited you were the previous year with the paper piecing- you know that's one of my favourite things!!