Friday, August 5, 2011

Bellariffic Friday - Metal

Metal?  Seriously?!  I was going to pass on this challenge until I remembered I had these little metal sentiments from Dollarama that I've had for ages and never used - do you have things like that too?  You see them at Dollarama and think "oh, those would be great for a card" and then tuck them away in a drawer and forget about them.

This card is for Christal and those of you who know Christal KNOW that she loves purple and she is a shoe-a-holic (in fact the sign on her desk says so!).  Yes, Christal loves her shoes and her boots and she has more than a few pairs!  Imeldabella was the perfect image and I loved that I could personalize the shoe boxes with two of her favourite stores.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with copics. 

I paper pieced the pants and added several coats of clear glaze pen to the top. The pattern paper is Basic Grey Oh Baby Girl, Lilly.  The Simply Scallops Die-namic is from MFT and the little shoe charm was given to me from Karen
Now if you look veeeeery closely you will see that I paper pieced those boots - yes, I did!  Each one of them!  In retrospect, I wished I hadn't sewn on the card but I know Christal will appreciate my attempt :)

Happy Birthday Christal!!

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh my Gosh Leslie, how cute is this card. Love the Shoe charm, did you know my biggest addiction are shoes, yep and seeing this charm just put a smile on my face not to mention the glitters too. Have a wonderful weekend !!

Pauline said...

Leslie, love this card! Fantastic colours, and love the your metal accents!
Have a great weekend.

Crafty Cath said...

I know exactly how you feel...metal...haven't used it in forever and yet have a ton of things laying around I bought back in the day. Your card reminds me that I have some of these somewhere too! Love the little shoe charm to go with your theme. Can I say that this is a "charming" card? Bawah Enjoy your weekend!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is a FANTASTIC card!! LOVE all the metal you used; like Cath I have tons of this stuff from in the day; too bad I didn't have time to play along; this company thing is killing my creativity!!