Friday, August 12, 2011

Bellariffic Friday - Paper Piercing

I had to consult with Danabella on this card.  You know, only an "r" separates piercing from piecing :) and I wanted to be sure I got the challenge correct!

A friend asked me to make a wedding card and the bride's colours were purple and green.  I stamped Sposabella in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with copics (sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the copics but I used E000, E00, E11 and E35) and just did a very pale wash of SU Elegant Eggplant with my aquapainter on her dress.  I used the Textile Texture embossing folder which I LOVE for wedding cards.  I added some glitter because all wedding gowns sparkle, a couple of prima flowers with a rhinestone brad and then the fun bit....paper pieRcing around the scallop oval nestie and the whole card!  I finished it off with a light spritz of Marshmallow Glimmer Mist which gives it just a subtle sparkle.  I hope the bride likes it!

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

This is such a beautiful card Leslie, I would not known purple would look this dazzling on a wedding theme. You did an amazing job with the image !!!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is stunning - the soft purple shading in the dress is perfect & the pop of green really works
LOVELY card & your paper pieRcing is perfect ;)

Crafty Cath said...

I am so not a purple fan but I really like the way it looks with the simply shaded wedding dress here. And I always forget that to pieRce scallops and it's amazing that something so little can do so much! Love how it dresses up your card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! The richness of the purple is gorgeous and the subtle shade on her dress is perfect!

Anna said...

Very classy Leslie.
I just made some purple themed thank you cards for my neighbor's daughter's shower. That was her bridesmaid color. Anna