Friday, September 30, 2011

Bellariffic Friday - Popped Up

Hollyhock Bittybloom's balloon was perfect for this week's Bellariffic Friday theme "pop it up/add dimension to your card".  Earlier this year Lindabella taught a class at Stamping Bella on colouring/shading techniques.  I immediately signed up because I am in awe of Linda's colouring.  I thought some of her greatness might rub off on me if I took her class and I'm a little excited to say I think it might have! 

This is one of three cards we made.  Hollyhock Bittybloom was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with copics and then we used pencils with gamsol.  I can totally see now that using copics and then a little extra shading with the pencils really finishes the shading.  By no means is my card anything like Lindas :) but I'm very happy with mine.  Linda was a great teacher and I learned where to shade darker and lighter and the all important shading around the image with a very light blue.  I was a bit heavy handed with the blue and so decided to cut out my image and mount it again.  I'm kind of glad I did this because then I thought I could pop up the balloon and then I thought I could put some crystal effects on it and then I thought I could put some glitter on her little dress flowers and then I thought STOP! :)

So, thanks again Lindabella for a wonderful class and if you do another, I'll be there!

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Adorable my friend! Your colouring is perfection!

Dana White said...

Oh this is stunning my friend - love the glaze on the balloon and she is sweetly popped up

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh Leslie this is one of my favourites images and you have done such a cute job on her. You are so right about the weather been cold today, I wish I had some Uggs :o)
Stay warm my friend !!!

Crafty Cath said...

I would love to sit and create with you...following the antics of your creations are so amusing! Glitter, crystal effects, cut out, pop up are all great ideas - I'm still trying to find your glitter or is that when you thought stop? Adorable card, and great shading. A little instruction and practice are all it takes. You're on your way!