Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Cousin Philip

My cousin in England can nap anywhere, anytime so I thought using MFT Fred Bear Catches Some Zzz's was the perfect image for him.  It may seem like an odd choice for a birthday card but he loves to nap - what better gift than to be able to nap on your birthday!  It's my first time using a Fred image.  The colouring scared me a bit but I followed Karen's card here and I'm happy with it. 

Fred is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with copics (E21, E23, E25, E27, N4, N6).  For Fred's body, I made tiny dots starting with my lightest colour and then added more with each darker colour.  The pattern paper is Basic Gray Life of the Party - which is funny because Fred seems to be sleeping through this party!  I cut two strips of grass from felt using MFT Fresh Cut Grass Die-namic and layered Fred in between.  I paper pieced his pillow and the Zzz's in the bubble are from MFT Say What Die-namic.  The sketch is SC357.  I kept it pretty simple with no embellishments to make it "Canada Post friendly".

Happy Birthday Cousin Philip!  Your card is in the mail - honest! :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in the post.....whateva! Actually Favourite Cousin called Leslie, I don't sleep anymore!! Having said that I doen't sleep any less...... Thank you for the card I don't have but have seen. See you next year??????? Cousin Philip x

Dana White said...

OH this is so cute! Look at the shading on his fur it's PERFECT!!

Karen Motz said...

He looks so fuzzy and cuddly!! Your colouring is spot on, my friend!

Cousin Philip said...

Well Cousin Leslie the card arrived today!!! I take it all back. Can I say that it is a really wonderful card I am impressed.... I may take it to work and pin it on my wall - if it doesn't make me too sleepy!
Thank you Cousin Philip x