Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Thank You

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, Hannukah - whatever you celebrated!  From a very young age my sister and I were taught to make and write our thank you cards for our Christmas gifts on Boxing Day - pretty much immediately or we couldn't play with the gifts!  Sounds harsh, but to this day I keep pretty much to that schedule.  I made these on December 27th so was only a day late. :)

I found an adorable card using Swanky Snowdudes and decided it was perfect to CASE for my thank you cards this year.  I inked up the largest snowman from the set with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics. 

The sentiment is from Snow Day.  I drew the snow line in with a thin black Sharpie, added some glitter and red bakers twine and he's all set.  A super simple and sweet card.

Wishing you a stamp happy 2012!

Cheerio.....Leslie       
**PS:  If you're reading the comments on this card, I'd just like to state for the record - I DID give my sister a Christmas present this year!  Could be the biggest gift I've ever given her....if she wins.  I gave her a Heart and Stroke Lottery Calendar!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, we did have to write the thank you cards before we played with the gifts.

I was a little worried about what thank you card I'd give Leslie, but she didn't bring me a Christmas gift, so I'm off the hook! ....said something about sustainability and not leaving a carbon footprint. I think she's having me on. :)

Dana White said...

Leslie this is so cute. What a perfect Christmas thank you card! Happy New Year!
Did you really not give your sister a gift?!

Crafty Cath said...

Well your Mom taught you well...I hated having to pester my kids to make/send Thank you cards but expected them to send them as that's what I was taught too! Snowmen are usually the perfect image as the holidays move into the winter season but dang we don't have any snow this year. It's freaky!

Oh and after all the nagging your sister did regarding your sewing skills on your cards I can understand why she was omitted from receiving a Christmas gift! Hehe.

Jodi Collins said...

This is DARLING Leslie! I LOVE this sweet set and your card is CAS perfection!

The Only Girl said...

And I personally happen to know that this card is even better in person! ;)

Anna said...

I loved, loved, loved my card.