Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet Sunday Ornaments - SSSC152

It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC152).  From here on, I'm going to try and make all my SSSC cards Christmas cards.  I can't promise, but I'll try and think how many I'll have by December!  When I saw this sketch from Karen I thought that Cutesy Ornaments would work nicely.

I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured them with copics.  I added Atyou Spica pens for a bit of sparkle, although it's hard to see in the photo.

The pattern paper is BoBunny 'Tis the Season Stripe with SU Old Olive.  I used the Double Scallop Border and a bit of red ribbon on top.  The sentiment is from Clearly Sentimental About Christmas.  I popped up the ornaments and drew in the ornament hook by hand.  I had it all assembled and was quite pleased with it but kept looking at it thinking, something is missing - it seems a bit bare in the middle.  Then I looked at the sketch again and realized I'd missed a whole panel! D'oh!  Well, as they say, "once it's stuck, you're out of luck" so I added a row of rhinestones and one in each corner and it will have to do.

Cheerio.....Leslie

6 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

What a clever idea, love the way you made each ornament individual. Also the colours are so bright and merry, simply perfect my friend !!

Karen Motz said...

So pretty my friend!!! I love the row of bling below the white strip and those ornaments are gorgeous!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love this for Christmas - what fun and happy non-traditional colors and the ornaments are SO cute!

Dana White said...

The ornaments we perfect for this sketch. How is it I don't own these? Thanks now I have to order them! The bright colours are perfect.

Anonymous said...

All the way from sunny (but not warm) Florida, three wise women would like to give their feedback.

Stunning!

Mom likes the coloring on the yellow Christmas ball.

Your favourite Aunt loves the bottom ball and your favourite sister doesn't really care for the top ball, but is impressed with the sewing....simply stunning!

Love - you know who

Crafty Cath said...

What a great idea... you'd have 26 cards all done! And girl, I've seen these ornaments done before but nothing has ever caught my eye like this card. Stunning!