Friday, March 16, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - Going Green

It's Friday - and that means Bellariffic Friday!!  Today's theme was to use green on your card or use a St. Patrick's Day image and being as I don't have any St. Patrick's day images, green it was!  I knew exactly the image I wanted to use too - one I haven't inked up in years - shocking, I know!

You can't get more green than the adorable Turtle Tots Teddy Bear.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured it with copics, adding some extra shading with pencil crayons and gamsol.

The pattern paper is Echo Park Springtime Seasonal Stripe - perfect as it sure felt like spring this past week!  I kept the layout pretty simple with just a bit of grosgrain ribbon and a couple of prima flowers.  I wanted to try my hand at the pretty shading around the images and the grass that so many of the Bellababes have perfected.  Paula-bella has a great tutorial on grass here and shading around the image here.  I think I need a bit more practice and probably should have used the pencil crayons for the grass, not copics!  Oh well, I will persevere.  Have a great weekend!

Cheerio.....Leslie

7 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh my Gosh Leslie, he is too cute for words my friend. you did such an amazing job colouring him and his teddy !! Love the flower as the finishing touch :o) Have a terrific weekend my friend !!

Dana White said...

Leslie this is so sweet - look at that grass and the shading around Mr tot!!! LOVE it!!

Christal said...

I love this card. Sweet and simple. I love the colours and the shading on the grass gives it that special touch.

Crafty Cath said...

Why the heck didn't I think to color one of the Turtle Tots...brilliant girl! I love them and they are perfect for this challenge. We're loving the spring weather in our neck of the woods too. 70's in March...this is unheard of. The grass is even turning green like yours is here. Great card!

ANNA said...

So busy looking at your beautiful cards that I"m not exactly sure when you changed your profile pic but I love it!
Anna

Karen Motz said...

Oh my, I just adore this little Turtle holding his teddy!!! So sweet!!

paula tracy williamson said...

I am a sucker for red heads...and these turtles! Great job with all the greens, I loved this color challenge.