Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet Sunday Birthday Wishes - SSS162

It's a sweet Sunday indeed - it's Canada Day, I'm visiting my sweet friend Karen and I finally made Karen's birthday card!  I told her it would be hand delivered which brought me some time :)

I used this weeks SSSC162 and a ton of fun things in her stamp room - I'll tell you my shopping list is growing by the day!!


I stamped the sweet PI girl from Out on a Limb in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.  The paper is MME Lime Twist Life of the Party with some SU Kiwi Kiss for the base.  I followed the sketch exactly, using a mix of MFT dies for the flowers:  Perfect Petal Trio, Prima Donna Petals and Button Quartet with a couple of Leafy Flourish.  The MFT Small Scallop Border is in SU Chocolate Chip and I used some of my beautiful pleated ribbon in SU Baja Breeze - LOVE this ribbon!  A tiny twinkle on her shoe and some rhinestones on the flowers finished it off.


Now Karen is a great one for saying "just try it".  So I did exactly that - I tried sewing zig-zag on a circle!!  It was very slow and I clearly made some errors but I just need to try it more!  I also did the inside of my card with a piece of leftover pattern paper.



I loved making it and Karen loved receiving it!  Happy belated-but-hand-delivered Birthday my friend!!

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Look at you decorating the inside of your card! What a lovely birthday card for Karen

Stacey Schafer said...

Darling card! Awesome sewing...I don't think I have the patience for circles:))

Crafty Cath said...

Oh my, look at those gorgeous flowers! This is one darn cute card!

Pauline said...

Oh another adorable card. Love the colours and those flowers are awesome!