Friday, August 3, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - Sum Sum Summertime

Today's a good day - it's Bellariffic Friday and a long weekend too!  Today's challenge was Summertime and Scarlett the Teacup Girl looked very summery to me with her hair up in ponytails and all those little flowers.


The sketch is one from last month, SSSC162 and I flipped it, of course :-).  I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.  October Afternoon Seaside sounded and was perfect for a summertime card and I paired it with So Saffron, Wild Cherry and Orange Fizz cardstock.  I used a few MFT dies, the Wonky Scallop border on the outside and the Small Scallop border on the inside.  The three flowers were from MFT Flower and Leaf Trio.  I cut Scarlett out using MFT Circle 1 and 2 Stax.  I added a few felt leaves and a dot to the center of each of the flowers.  I popped up the flower on her teacup for a bit of dimension with a rhinestone in the center.  I did the inside of the card too and love the way she's peeking over the top of the red border.


Happy looooong weekend!

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Leslie, this image is so sweet. Beautiful colouring, love the paper choice, colours and your flowers just finish this off nicely. thanks for playing along!

Dana White said...

Leslie she is so cute - your colouring and shading are perfect & the inside is super cute

Crafty Cath said...

Fun fun card! The colors are perfect for the sumertime theme. Great detail to pop the flower on the image! It adds so much dimension. And I love how you decorated the inside. Totally finishes this off! I always slack when it comes to that...hehe.

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute!

Carla Murphy said...

Ahhh!! This is so cute!! Awesome colouring, I especially love the hair (I have such a hard time with that)... and how adoreable is she popping her head up on the inside. Love this.