Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sweet Sunday Angel - SSSC169

I am on a Christmas card roll!  I played along with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC169) and inked up this little sweetie.  Her name is Daisy and I have looked and looked for the proper name of this particular image, but can only find this link.
 

I stamped Daisy in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.

The pattern papers are retired SU and you know I just HAD to paper piece her dress!  The sentiment is from Merry and Bright and I used the First Place Award Ribbon die-namic to cut it out and very bravely (!) did a zig zag stitch that I see on so many cards out there in blog land.  Her shoes are super shiny thanks to several coats of clear glaze pen.  A trio of red bonbons completed the sketch.  I used Stickles on her wings and a red and yellow Atyou Spica pen for some added glitter on the little halo of stars and her magic wand - I think it's a magic wand :)

I kept the inside pretty simple just adding a strip of co-ordinating paper.
Oh she does make me smile!

Cheerio.....Leslie

3 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is cute cute CUTE!!!! I love her paper pieced dress, and her sparkly wings, and look at you sewing on the sentiment flag!!! So sweet!!!

Dana White said...

Oh she is darling & the paper pieced dress is absolutely perfect!!

Pauline said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable. Love the paper pieced dress, glitter, papers and your tag - so sweet!