Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Birthday Wishes for the Nurse - SSSC173

Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenges are fun to play along with every two weeks.  I was all set to make another Christmas card because the sketch (SSSC173) had a snowflake on it, but at the last minute I changed it to a birthday card for one of the nurses at work.

I stamped Best Medicine in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.

The card base is Crumb Cake and I embossed the pink striped paper with the Perfect Polkadots embossing folder.  The pattern papers and blue card stock are from an old TE KI kit (love those!)  A circle nestie was used to cut the image out and and I sponged around the edge before removing it.  I paper pieced her apron and her cap and added lots of shine to her shoes with my clear glaze pen.  The fishtail flag was made from Fishtail Flags Layers Stax and I popped up the circle for some dimension.  I added a big pink button with a loopy bow behind it.

I liked this sketch and just may have another go at it, making it Christmas!

Cheerio.....Leslie

2 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is a delightful birthday card!! I love her pretty pink uniform!!!

Dana White said...

A perfect birthday card! The pink is so pretty