Monday, December 24, 2012

For he's a Jolly Good Fellow (MFTWSC103)

....and he really is!  Our latest fellow, Andrew, headed home to England yesterday after a 6 month rotation with us.  It was down to the wire in making his card but this week's MFTWSC103 came through, although I did rotate the sketch once. 

I stamped PI World's Best Doctor in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics.  With my job, I have used the two PI Doctor images over and over,  but this time I wanted to make him a little more festive, combining Andrew's Christmas card with his goodbye card!

The pattern paper is Lilybeedesign Christmas Cheer along with some SU Riding Hood Red and Old Olive.  I paper pieced his lab coat and then fussy cut him out and popped him up on a piece of Old Olive that I used the Perfect Polkadots embossing folder on.  His Santa hat is from Cool Yule and I added some liquid applique with a bit of glitter on top for sparkle.  I love that it fits his head perfectly!  If you look closely you'll see that his clipboard has instructions for a Merry Christmas, which I wrote on with a micro-fine pen.  I added a piece of SU Riding Hood Red pleated ribbon along the side.


On the inside I used a tiny alphabet set to stamp out the sentiment and then used Fishtail Flags Stax die-namics and Fishtail Flags Layers Stax die-namics to cut it out.  It is THE perfect sentiment for Andrew at this time of year....he really is a jolly good Fellow and he will be missed!

Well, that's my last Christmas card for this year done.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Cheerio.....Leslie

3 comments:

Dana White said...

What a perfect card for him & I like how you made him festive!!

Carla Murphy said...

What a great card! Merry Christmas Leslie and thank you for the gorgeous card. xox

Karen Motz said...

How cute is he with his adorable Santa hat!