Friday, March 8, 2013

Bellariffic Friday - Sketch 5

It's Bellariffic Friday, it's a sketch and it's my friend Stephanie's birthday!  I realize I have used Ramona two weeks in a row now, but I adore her and Ramona Loves Cake was perfect for Stephanie's card.  I added some crystal effects to the berries and boy do they shine in real life!

I liked the paper I used on the inside because it had lines which made for perfect placement of the sentiment -  which comes with the image.  I love that!

Here's a little story about the yellow copics you see in this  photo but not on my card.  I wanted to make some "butter cream icing" and used Y00 with some Y11 and it was horrible!  I panicked as the whole image was coloured except for the cake.  Karen suggested using E50/E42 over top and it was perfect....although it changed my white cake to a chocolate/mocha cake but hey, a cake is delicious, no matter what flavour!

Have a great weekend.

Cheerio.....Leslie

Stamps:  Ramona Loves Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black ink, copics
Paper:  Rose Red, Baja Breeze, MME Miss Caroline Howdy Doody
Other:  Simply Scallops die-namic, Baja Breeze pleated ribbon, crystal effects, Tiny Twinkle

3 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Good thing Karen's an experienced baker... her frosting recipe worked perfectly for you! And I love mocha! This card is so freaking cute! I really love how your colors came together and the ruffled ribbon along the border is so so great!

Dana White said...

What a sweet card - oh that is Karen's cake!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Love your colouring on the image, rocking it GF!