Monday, March 11, 2013

Boys Rock

I needed a few boy cards and these Lollipops images are super quick to colour up.  I used my “go to” layout with a ½ circle for the sentiment.  I wasn't happy with the stamping of the sentiment and tried it several times, finally giving up to "operator error" :) 

See?  Not so bold and kind of smudgy - not loving it.  Then my friend Karen told me a brilliant "just in case" tip. Stamp the sentiment and before you lift the stamp off the paper, place your stamp-a-ma-jig in the corner of the stamp just in case.  Don't move the stamp-a-ma-jig but lift the sentiment stamp, re-ink the sentiment and stamp it right back down if needed (and I clearly needed to - LOL).  It worked perfectly!

I re-stamped my sentiment and glued it on top of the smudgy one.  Much happier now.  There really are no mistakes in rubber stamping :)  

I love the bright colours and Taken with Teal is one of my fav colours – so sad it retired.

So you see, "Boys may Rock" but Karen really rocks with that great tip - thanks! 

Cheerio…..Leslie

Stamps: Ethan Lollipops, DC Baby Onesie 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black ink, copics
Paper:  MME Lime Twist Out of the Blue, SU Taken with Teal, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray
Other:  Seeing Spots embossing folder, circle nestie, ribbon

No comments: