Sunday, April 20, 2014

With Sympathy

A sympathy card is never an easy one to make but I hope this will bring some comfort to the family.  The poppies seemed appropriate as I associate poppies with remembrance. 

 
I stamped the poppies, stems and pods onto Bella's Bestest paper in Wild Cherry ink and Jellybean Green ink.  I used copics to colour the middle of the poppies.  The background paper is embossed with Square Tiles Stencil. 


I inked the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo black ink and stamped it onto a piece of vellum that I cut out using the Fishtail Flags Layers Stax.  I adhered the banner with two black brads and I like how it's "floating" at one end.


I kept the inside blank with lots of room for writing.  The copics I used were E43, Y26 and Y28.

Cheerio.....Leslie

Stamps: LJD Pretty Poppies (MFT), CS About Sympathy (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, Wild Cherry (MFT), Jellybean Green (MFT), copics
Paper:  
Bella's Bestest paper, SU Old Olive, SU Basic Black, Vellum cardstock
Other:  Fishtail Flags Layers Stax die-namic (MFT), Square Tiles Stencil (MFT), black brads

2 comments:

Dana White said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card Leslie. The poppies are the perfect flower.

Karen Motz said...

What a stunning sympathy card! Love the sentiment on vellum and the poppies are perfect!!