Monday, July 28, 2014

Birthday thanks

I needed several thank you cards recently, so they needed to be relatively quick to make :)

I haven't done water colouring in years and since it's been popping up recently out in stamping blog-land, I decided to get out my Peerless Watercolours and have a go.  


I used SU watercolour paper and painted on three colours letting them "bleed" into each other.  It really looked quite a mess when it was wet but once it was dry it looked lovely.  Here's a close up of the colours.


I used the Fancy Butterflies die-namic, cutting out one from the watercolour paper and glued another butterfly cut from vellum cardstock behind.  The "thanks" die was cut out twice and glued on top of each other to make it thicker.  I then covered it with crystal effects.  I like the way the butterfly is slightly bent - kind of looks like it's ready to fly away.



I quite enjoyed getting the watercolours out....you really can't go wrong with them.

Cheerio.....Leslie

Paper:  Watercolour paper (SU), Only Orange (SU), Vellum cardstock (SU), DSP retired (SU)
Other:  Peerless Watercolours, thanks die (SSS), Fancy Butterflies die-namic (MFT), crystal effects

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!! You rocked these!