Sunday, September 7, 2014

Birthday Balloons

It's well known that I struggle with masculine cards (doesn't everyone LOL).  My cousin in England is a SU demonstrator and so there is added pressure when making a card for her or her family :)
This card is for her son, so as well as being masculine, it couldn't have any glitter and it had to be flat for mailing!  I'll admit, this card took me about 2 hours to make - goodness, I can make a coloured image faster :)


I tried something a little different for this card.  I used the Happy Birthday die-namic and cut it from white cardstock and added a piece of Tangerine Tango behind.  Then I carefully placed the centers of the letters back in place.  The balloons were stamped onto Bella's Bestest paper with Jellybean Green and Berrylicious ink and I added a few stars.  I fussy cut the balloons and added some black thread for the string (clearly I have too many stamping supplies as I found the die-namic for those balloons the day after making the card - sheesh!).  I glued down the thread in a couple of places with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  That stuff is magic!  It glues anything really well and dries clear - love it!!  


Although this card didn't turn out quite like I imagined it in my head, I'm sure my cousin will appreciate the hours it took me to make - LOL! 

Cheerio.....Leslie

Stamps:  DC Party Balloons (MFT), Owls of the Season (for the stars) (MFT)
Ink:  Jellybean Green (MFT), Berrylicious (MFT) 
Paper:  Bella's Bestest paper, Tangerine Tango (SU), MME Lime Twist "Fly a Kite"
Other:  Happy Birthday die-namic (MFT), black thread

No comments: